Sunday, September 12, 2010

Date Night

 I'll save the introductions for later and dive right into this new blogging adventure.

Last night, as a belated anniversary celebration, Sir studies too much and I headed to 13 Gypsies for dinner. It was featured on the Food Network's Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives. 

 http://www.13gypsies.com/

It's a quaint little restaurant in the Riverside area of Jacksonville. When we entered we were greeted by a a cute blond and taken to our table for two complete with a reserved card and candle.

13 Gypsies is a tapas style restaurant so we ordered the bread with oil, angry bull, scallops and risotto. I'd read plenty of raving reviews before we made it to the restaurant last night so my expectations were pretty high before dinner. I'm happy to report that my expectations were met and surpassed. To top it off we ordered the Tres Leches for dessert. Perfection.

After making a 45 minute pit-stop at a nearby friend's house to let our stomachs settle and our garlic breath subside, we headed over to Dos Gatos. Dos Gatos is a swanky little bar downtown with good music and cocktails. I stumbled upon their website Saturday afternoon and decided we had to stop by when the music cued up and I didn't immediately search for the 'turn music off' button.

All and all a successful Saturday night. Did I mention I got these beauties as a anniversary gift?


No comments:

Post a Comment